Date   
O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 08/12/2020 #cal-notice

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When:
Wednesday, 12 August 2020
8:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

Description:

O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 08/12/2020 8:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When: Wednesday, 12 August 2020, 8:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Description:

Re: Investigation on O-RAN-related open source communities

Martin Skorupski
 

Dear Jinri,

 

unfortunately I can’t join today’s TOC meeting, but Alex is aware of OAM related topics and will report in the TOC instead of me.

 

https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/OAM/2020-08-12+OAM+report

 

Cheers,

Martin

 

 

 

From: main@... <main@...> On Behalf Of Huang Jinri
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 5:29 AM
To: main@...
Cc: 'MURRAY, JOHN F (JOHN)' <jfm@...>; 'JANA, RITTWIK (RITTWIK)' <rjana@...>; 'VAN BRAKLE, TRACY L' <tv8394@...>; '
辜苏' <gusu@...>; suzy.gu.c@...; duanran@...; 13910490429@...
Subject: [oran-sc] Investigation on O-RAN-related open source communities

 

Dear PTL and all,

 

As I mentioned on the TOC call last week, there was a request from O-RAN TSC to investigate the O-RAN-related (hence, OSC-related) open source activities.

 

For this, can each PTL provide the relevant information with regard to the project you are in charge? Such information should include e.g.

 

1.       Which community?

2.       What O-RAN-related activities are there in that community? How are they related to O-RAN and OSC? How can OSC leverage their work? // note: for this one, please provide detailed description;

3.       Achievement so far?

4.       What would be the next step and the timeline?

 

Many thanks in advance.

 

Cheers.

 

Jinri

 

 

 

Cancelled Event: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wednesday, 12 August 2020 #cal-cancelled

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Cancelled: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Wednesday, 12 August 2020
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description:
Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

 

SMO project and self nomination to PTL position.

Mahesh Jethanandani
 

Dear SC TOC and community members,

I would like to nominate myself to the Project Technical Lead (PTL) position for the SMO project.

A bit about myself and some of the related experience.

My role at VMware includes working on the Near Real Time RIC platform that forms part of the solution for O-RAN. My current efforts include support for the E2 interface between the RIC and the E2 nodes, to support the bringup of the solution over the O2 and O1 interface, and to work on a YANG model definition for the RIC.
 
As chair of the NETCONF Working Group in IETF, where I oversee some of the latest work in both the NETCONF/RESTCONF protocol, and have authored several drafts including “An HTTPS based Transport for Configured Subscription” within the working group. I am YANG doctor, and author of several drafts and RFCs that define YANG models for BGP  TCP  BFD  ACL (RFC8519)  Babel and TWAMP. Before that I worked on several drafts that improve the authentication of BFD sessions, and secure TCP connections.
 
I have several years of experience working on orchestrators such as Cisco NSO, where I lead the effort to support some of the vendor neutral models described above. In OpenDaylight, I have lead the effort in the Unimgr project that added support for EVC based services using the MEF LSO architecture for services such as E-Line, E-LAN and E-Tree, and added support for RESTCONF (RFC 8040). I have also lead the effort to support NETCONF/RESTCONF servers on devices such as routers, switches and other network functions from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Nokia. I bring unique insight into some of the challenges and solutions that are needed to implement a SMO.
 
I was the Rapporteur for the ETSI GS NFV-SOL 006 specification which defines YANG models for VNF/PNF/NS, and has provided CRs that update the Information Model for them in GS NFV-IFA 011 and GS NFV-IFA 014. Those models along with SOL001 are used for LCM of VNF/PNF/CNF in the O-Cloud of the O-RAN solution. I worked with OSM for them to incorporate the SOL006 YANG model in their more recent releases.
 
Before that I had authored the MEF 58, a MEF document on YANG model for EVC based services. I have worked with IEEE to define some of the models for 802.1 and 802.3 technologies.

Thank you!

Mahesh Jethanandani
jethanandanm@...
3401 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304


Service Management and Orchestration (SMO) project: Self-Nomination for PTL Position

Liam Fallon
 

Hello O-RAN SC TOC and Community members,

 

Let me introduce myself. My name is Liam Fallon. Some of you may know me from my work in ONAP. I am a Principal Engineer working on open-source software development in Ericsson, based in Athlone in Ireland. For more detail about me please see my brief biography statement at the bottom of this email.

 

I would like to nominate myself for the Project Technical Lead (PTL) position for the Service Management and Orchestration (SMO) project.

 

Ericsson recognise that the SMO project is crucial towards realising the O-RAN vision and I strongly share that view. If you see fit to endorse me, I will work with the O-RAN SC community so that we can collaboratively deliver the best possible SMO, matching the requirements of the community and reflecting the effort provided by the community. Using an R-App approach as a common way of delivering use cases is something that Ericsson sees as being promising, and is similar in direction to the TOSCA driven control loop work I am pursuing on the ONAP Control Loop Subcommittee. There are synergies across a number of Open Source projects in this work (such as ONAP and ACUMOS), and realising those synergies will be critical to the success of the SMO project.

 

Thank you very much for your consideration.

 

Best Regards

Liam Fallon

 

*************************************************

Biography:

 

Dr. Liam Fallon is a Principal Engineer at Ericsson Software Technology at Ericsson's campus in Athlone, Ireland. Ericsson Software Technology (EST) is Ericsson’s open source software development division that was established in 2017 to drive an agile and collaborative new framework that better engages with open source projects and communities. EST believes that open source technology enables a smarter, more prosperous digital world. That’s why EST is committed to foster open source projects through emerging technology contribution and cross-industry collaboration.

 

Liam is a network management practitioner and researcher with over 30 years of industrial experience in crafting software systems in that domain. He has specified, designed, and led the development of many of Ericsson's management solutions and has wide experience in the software technologies required to deliver such systems. One such system is the APEX adaptive policy engine, which Ericsson contributed ONAP. His primary interest is in the automation of the management of highly dynamic networks to optimise the delivery of telecommunication services. Specifically Liam is interested in crafting the engineering that is needed to achieve model driven control-loop-based automation that can operate in a coordinated conflict-free manner.

 

Liam has been working on the ONAP project since 2018, initially supporting APEX in the Policy Framework. He has contributed heavily to the design and implementation of the new model driven Policy Framework architecture that was  developed in the Dublin to Frankfurt releases of ONAP. The new architecture is working well in deployed systems. This work was carried out collaboratively by AT&T, Ericsson, Bell Canada and others, and demonstrates how collaborations between companies in open source can work well to achieve a common goal. Liam is also an active member of the Control Loop subcommittee and is leading the implementation of the TOSCA Defined Control Loop POC being executed in the ONAP Guilin release. In addition, Liam is joint-author of a proposal (currently being considered by the ONAP TSC) to modernise release management in ONAP to a cadence driven approach. Liam collaborates regularly with other projects in ONAP such as DCAE, SO, SDC and other. In addition, Liam has aided the OSC Non Real Time RIC project establishment with know-how and knowledge transfer from ONAP. Liam is also one of Ericsson’s most prolific contributors of code to ONAP.

 

Liam is the author of many publications in the field of network management and has presented papers at numerous network management conferences such as the IEEE NOMS/IM and CNSM conferences over the years and serves on the TPC of these conferences. He has also served as a guest editor and reviewer for publications in the  network management space such as the IEEE Communications magazine and the IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management (TNSM). Liam holds a BE from University College, Dublin and PhD in Computer Science from Trinity College, Dublin.

 

Near-RT RIC platform and RIC xApp applications (RICA) combined open-source RIC o-ran-sc.org project meeting (27th meeting) #ricp #rica - Tue, 08/18/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm #ricp #rica #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: Near-RT RIC platform and RIC xApp applications (RICA) combined open-source RIC o-ran-sc.org project meeting (27th meeting) #ricp #rica

When: Tuesday, 18 August 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+03:00) Europe/Helsinki

Where:Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

View Event

Organizer: Thoralf Czichy & Matti Hiltunen thoralf.czichy@...

Description:

This is the combined near-RT RIC platform (RICP) and RIC applications (RICA) project meeting. The RIC applications part will be handled by Matti (PTL) or someone substituting him. First 30 minutes with focus on RICP and the last 30 minutes focus on RICA. Note that if RICP takes less than 30 minutes, RICA issues might already be handled before 13:30 UTC. The meeting will be held every uneven week. The preliminary agenda:

 

 RICP: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICP/Project+meetings

 RICA: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICA/RICAPP+Meetings

Sprint demo near-RT RIC - Thu, 08/13/2020 9:00am-10:30am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: Sprint demo near-RT RIC

When: Thursday, 13 August 2020, 9:00am to 10:30am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom Bridge 2 ( https://zoom.us/j/6540568082 )

View Event

Organizer: Thoralf Czichy thoralf.czichy@...

Description: This is the sprint demo for the near-RT RIC.

A more detailed agenda can be found here: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICP/Sprint+demos

O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wed, 08/12/2020 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

When: Wednesday, 12 August 2020, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description: Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

 

OSC: NONRTRIC / OAM / SIM - Meeting cancelled today - Mon, 08/10/2020 #cal-notice

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

OSC: NONRTRIC / OAM / SIM - Meeting cancelled today

When:
Monday, 10 August 2020
1:00pm to 2:00pm
(GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/436210993

Organizer:
John.Keeney@...

Description:

CANCELLED TODAY

https://zoom.us/j/436210993

Weekly community SCRUM meeting for OSC project: OAM, NONRTRIC, SIM

NONRTRIC: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICNR/Meetings
OAM: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/OAM/Meeting+notes
SIM: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/SIM/SIM

Note about daylight savings time

  • Please note that the weekly OAM/NONRTRIC scrum team meeting will continue on Monday’s at 13:00 UTC.
  • During the "Daylight Savings Time" changeover periods (US vs Europe vs Asia) the time of this meeting may fluctuate. Please keep a close eye on the calendar!
  • Summer Daylight Savings time eventually stabilizes to:
    • 6am PDT | 9am EDT | 13:00 UTC | 14:00 BST | 15:00 CEST | 16:00 EEST | 18:30 IST | 21:00 CST | 22:00 JST

OSC: NONRTRIC / OAM / SIM - Meeting cancelled today - Mon, 08/10/2020 1:00pm-2:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: OSC: NONRTRIC / OAM / SIM - Meeting cancelled today

When: Monday, 10 August 2020, 1:00pm to 2:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/436210993

View Event

Organizer: John Keeney John.Keeney@...

Description:

CANCELLED TODAY

https://zoom.us/j/436210993

Weekly community SCRUM meeting for OSC project: OAM, NONRTRIC, SIM

NONRTRIC: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICNR/Meetings
OAM: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/OAM/Meeting+notes
SIM: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/SIM/SIM

Note about daylight savings time

  • Please note that the weekly OAM/NONRTRIC scrum team meeting will continue on Monday’s at 13:00 UTC.
  • During the "Daylight Savings Time" changeover periods (US vs Europe vs Asia) the time of this meeting may fluctuate. Please keep a close eye on the calendar!
  • Summer Daylight Savings time eventually stabilizes to:
    • 6am PDT | 9am EDT | 13:00 UTC | 14:00 BST | 15:00 CEST | 16:00 EEST | 18:30 IST | 21:00 CST | 22:00 JST

Investigation on O-RAN-related open source communities

Huang Jinri
 

Dear PTL and all,

 

As I mentioned on the TOC call last week, there was a request from O-RAN TSC to investigate the O-RAN-related (hence, OSC-related) open source activities.

 

For this, can each PTL provide the relevant information with regard to the project you are in charge? Such information should include e.g.

 

1.       Which community?

2.       What O-RAN-related activities are there in that community? How are they related to O-RAN and OSC? How can OSC leverage their work? // note: for this one, please provide detailed description;

3.       Achievement so far?

4.       What would be the next step and the timeline?

 

Many thanks in advance.

 

Cheers.

 

Jinri

 

 

 

TOC Weekly Meeting 20200805 minutes posted

Lusheng Ji
 

Dear O-RAN SC community,

 

The minutes for the TOC Weekly meeting on 20200805 has been posted.  Both minutes and recording are available at:  https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1179656.

 

Thanks,

Lusheng Ji

OSC INT

AT&T

Cancelled Event: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wednesday, 5 August 2020 #cal-cancelled

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Cancelled: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Wednesday, 5 August 2020
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description:
Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

 

O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wed, 08/05/2020 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

When: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description: Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

 

O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 08/05/2020 #cal-notice

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <noreply@...>
 

O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When:
Wednesday, 5 August 2020
8:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

Description:

O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 08/05/2020 8:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 8:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Description:

RSCA Weekly Meeting - Tue, 08/04/2020 9:00pm-10:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: RSCA Weekly Meeting

When: Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 9:00pm to 10:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

View Event

Organizer: Rittwik Jana (AT&T)

Description:

Hi,

This is a recurring meeting to discuss the ORAN-SC software requirements for release “A”. We will have two meetings per week, (9-10 PM eastern Tue and 9-10AM eastern Thu). Please try to attend at least one of the meetings to provide feedback. We will review and update the document here. M0 planning and design timelines are detailed below. 


 
Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

O-RAN SC Release "A" Calendar

 

Thanks,

Rittwik

 

O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wed, 08/05/2020 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

When: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description: Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

 

Near-RT RIC platform and RIC xApp applications (RICA) combined open-source RIC o-ran-sc.org project meeting (26th meeting) #ricp #rica - Tue, 08/04/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm #ricp #rica #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: Near-RT RIC platform and RIC xApp applications (RICA) combined open-source RIC o-ran-sc.org project meeting (26th meeting) #ricp #rica

When: Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+03:00) Europe/Helsinki

Where:Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

View Event

Organizer: Thoralf Czichy & Matti Hiltunen thoralf.czichy@...

Description:

This is the combined near-RT RIC platform (RICP) and RIC applications (RICA) project meeting. The RIC applications part will be handled by Matti (PTL) or someone substituting him. First 30 minutes with focus on RICP and the last 30 minutes focus on RICA. Note that if RICP takes less than 30 minutes, RICA issues might already be handled before 13:30 UTC. The meeting will be held every uneven week. The preliminary agenda:

 

 RICP: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICP/Project+meetings

 RICA: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICA/RICAPP+Meetings