Date

Issues with Jenkins

Andrew Grimberg

Greetings folks,

Just a heads up we're aware of some issues with Jenkins and are currently looking into it. We don't have an ETA just yet we're still determining what has caused the problem.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

Upcoming Event: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wed, 10/30/2019 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

When: Wednesday, 30 October 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description: Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 10/30/2019 #cal-notice

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <noreply@...>

O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When:
Wednesday, 30 October 2019
8:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

Upcoming Event: O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 10/30/2019 8:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When: Wednesday, 30 October 2019, 8:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Upcoming Event: RSCA Weekly Meeting - Tue, 10/29/2019 9:00pm-10:00pm #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: RSCA Weekly Meeting

When: Tuesday, 29 October 2019, 9:00pm to 10:00pm, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

View Event

Organizer: Rittwik Jana (AT&T)

Hi,

This is a recurring meeting to discuss the ORAN-SC software requirements for release “A”. We will have two meetings per week, (9-10 PM eastern Tue and 9-10AM eastern Thu). Please try to attend at least one of the meetings to provide feedback. We will review and update the document here. M0 planning and design timelines are detailed below.

Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

O-RAN SC Release "A" Calendar

Thanks,

Rittwik

Re: Fw: O-RAN et OSA

Christian Gallard

Dear all, please find attached the final version of the slides (without the mention “Interne Orange” – content-wise, there is no change).

KR,

C/

Logo Orange

Christian Gallard
Head of Wireless Broadband Everywhere Research Program
ORANGE/TGI/OLN/RNM/RIO

Fixe : +33 2 99 12 48 09
Mobile : +33 6 30 33 02 34
christian.gallard@...

From: huangjinri <huangjinri@...>

Subject: Red flag: Fw: O-RAN et OSA

Date: 26 October 2019 at 7:08:34 AM GMT+8

To: 黄金日 <huangjinri@...>

huangjinri

huangjinri@...

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

From: huangjinri <huangjinri@...>

Date: 26 October 2019 at 7:08:34 AM GMT+8

To: 黄金日 <huangjinri@...>

huangjinri

huangjinri@...

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

Due to lack of time, we have not discussed the proposed way forward regarding the O-RAN and OSA cooperation during the EC meeting today. I have put together 3 slides explaining the principles of the proposal O-RAN could make to OSA.

Let’s allocate some time at the next EC Call to discuss it. In the meantime, any offline discussion/comment would be welcome.

Olivier

Thank you.

Thank you.

Re: Fw: O-RAN et OSA

Douglas Knisely

From: huangjinri <huangjinri@...>
Date: 26 October 2019 at 7:08:34 AM GMT+8
To: 黄金日 <huangjinri@...>

Due to lack of time, we have not discussed the proposed way forward regarding the O-RAN and OSA cooperation during the EC meeting today. I have put together 3 slides explaining the principles of the proposal O-RAN could make to OSA.

Let’s allocate some time at the next EC Call to discuss it. In the meantime, any offline discussion/comment would be welcome.

Olivier

Thank you.

INF weekly meeting cancell for this week

Xiaohua Zhang <xiaohua.zhang@...>

Hi team,

Currently we are working on the codes to catch the code freeze date, the weekly meeting is cancelled.

WR logo signiture

Xiaohua Zhang, Solutions Engineering, Wind River

Direct: 86.10.8477.7118 • Mobile: 86.186.1020.9708

Re: [PTL] Release status tracking for projects

倪蔚辰

Hi,

Just let everyone know, there are two option ways you can download doc templates:

1.       In doc gerrit repo. Under doc/doc-templates directory.

Can use the following command to download:

git clone "https://gerrit.o-ran-sc.org/r/doc"

2.       Can be downloaded at https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/DOC, ‘Templates’ section (there are some guides there).

Two options are identical templates.

If anyone have any question, please feel free me to contact me, e-mail:  niweichen@...

Weichen Ni

China Mobile Research Institute

From: huangjinri <huangjinri@...>
Date: 26 October 2019 at 7:08:34 AM GMT+8
To: 黄金日 <huangjinri@...>

Due to lack of time, we have not discussed the proposed way forward regarding the O-RAN and OSA cooperation during the EC meeting today. I have put together 3 slides explaining the principles of the proposal O-RAN could make to OSA.

Let’s allocate some time at the next EC Call to discuss it. In the meantime, any offline discussion/comment would be welcome.

Olivier

Thank you.

[PTL] Release status tracking for projects

Lusheng Ji

[...]

    3. Documentation status (you may choose what’s best to convey the information, per repo or for the whole project).
      1. Following the documentation format, structure, and template provided by DOC project?
      2. Documentation buildable by the DOC project?
      3. Prepare a video demo.

Thank you.

Lusheng Ji

AT&T

O-ARN SC INT

Contributions for 2019 Costa Rica f2f uploaded

Huang Jinri

Hi all,

Just let you know that the contributions for the f2f meeting last week have been uploaded at:https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/EV/File+list+for+2019+Costa+Rica+f2f+meeting

Cheers.

Jinri

Upcoming Event: O-RAN SC RSCA Meeting - Thu, 10/24/2019 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: O-RAN SC RSCA Meeting

When: Thursday, 24 October 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

View Event

Organizer: Rittwik Jana (AT&T)

(Updated to bi-weekly)

Hi,

This is a recurring meeting to discuss the ORAN-SC software requirements for release “A”. We will have two meetings per week, (9-10 PM eastern Tue and 9-10AM eastern Thu). Please try to attend at least one of the meetings to provide feedback. We will review and update the document here. M0 planning and design timelines are detailed below.

Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

O-RAN SC Release "A" Calendar

Thanks,

Rittwik

Upcoming Event: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call - Wed, 10/23/2019 9:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: O-RAN SC Integration and Testing Weekly call

When: Wednesday, 23 October 2019, 9:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

Organizer: Lusheng Ji lji@...

Description: Hello.  Starting from the week of 08/12, we will hold Integration and Testing Weekly meetings, on every Wednesday after the ToC meeting.  We will use the same bridge as the ToC meeting (Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082).  Thanks!  Lusheng

O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 10/23/2019 #cal-notice

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <noreply@...>

O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When:
Wednesday, 23 October 2019
8:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

Upcoming Event: O-RAN SC TOC Committee - Wed, 10/23/2019 8:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: O-RAN SC TOC Committee

When: Wednesday, 23 October 2019, 8:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:Zoom 2 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/6540568082

View Event

new repo and deletion requests - RICP (near-RT RIC platform) + RICAPP : ric-plt/resource-status-manager , ric-app/demo, ric-app/reporter, com/asn1, ric-plt/ric-dep, ric-plt/ric-test, ric-app/uemgr, ric-plt/demo1, ric-plt/ue-nib // #RICA, #ricp

Thoralf Czichy

hi,

Below a list of changes to repos (new ones, as well as deletions) under the RICP (near-RT RIC Platform) that we would like the TOC to approve. Parts marked with RICP/RICAPP are proposed by Matti and I (PTLs for RICAPP and RICP) and parts marked with RICP only me as PTL.

(WE1) Project RICP
ric-plt/resource-status-manager
Resource Status messages sent by the RAN to the RIC by issuing Resource Status Requests.
The RSM provides an API that allows to start and stop the generation of these messages as
well as to issue specific request commands. The RSM provides also default values which are used
whenever a new RAN (eNB) is added to the RIC.
- License: Apache 2
- Initial committers: (all AT&T) Shuky Har-Noy ( shuky.har-noy@...), Hila Anina ( hanina@...), Yaki Ratz ( yaki.ratz@... )

(WE2) Project RICP/RICAPP
We (RICP and RICAPP PTL) would like to remove the following repositories:
ric-app/demo (empty)
ric-app/reporter (not maintained anymore for 6 months (and actually confusing community if someone uses this as reference) and e.g. the measurement campaign xApp can replace it)
com/asn1 (an ASN.1 compiler for which we found that it causes to much issues that we had to troubleshoot. We already switched to using com/asn1c (which is derived from https://github.com/vlm/asn1c )

(WE3) Project RICP
new repo: ric-plt/ric-test
simulators related to the E2 base protocol, or related abstract test xApps (that do not actually implement 3GPP specifications). Note that the test
cases must still be limited to RIC platform only. If you want to write/check test cases that integrate also other O-RAN SC components, check
the it/test repository.
- License: Apache 2
- Initial committers: (first one AT&T, the other two from Nokia): Xuan Tuyen Tran (Harry) (tuyen@... ), Amit Uttam ( amit.uttam@... ) and Shashikumar HN ( shashikumar.hn@... )

(WE4) Project RICP
new repo: ric-plt/ric-dep
- Description: This includes, for example, helm charts for RIC platform components. In this we can make assumptions about the underlying k8s already existing or
we can also spin up blueprints for such a deployment. Note that this component is intentionally limiting itself to the RIC platform and does
not include other O-RAN SC components. For such you might want to look at the it/dep repo managed by another O-RAN SC project.
- License: Apache 2
- Initial committers: (first one AT&T, the other two from Nokia): Lusheng Ji (lji@...) , Prabhu K ( prabhu.k@... ) Ranjit Angajala ( ranjit.angajala@... )

Note that this needed for legal reasons to clearly define the scope of the near-RT RIC project. It is aligned with a "scope" wiki text that we wrote for the same reason.
Also note that we continue with the it/dep repo as a general integration repo where any O-RAN SC components can be integrated together. In scope of their work on
integrating all O-RAN SC components, engineers working on the it/dep repo might re-use some of the functionality that was original committed to ric-plt/ric-dep .

(WE5) Project RICP/RICAPP
We would like to remove the empty ric-app/uemgr and instead create a new repo under ric-plt/. This is in order to clearly link
the demo xApp to the RIC platform project. At the same time also note that the license of this is changed to a documentation
license. So that its legal scope reflects its actual role in the RIC platform. Naturally there will continue to be actual xApps under the
RICAPP project. Placing it under the RICP project (and not RICAPP) allows Nokia to contribute to it. The name is intentionally kept
generic. As part of this change we also move this page https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICA/UE+Manager+xApp to the RICP project (a reference
in RICA continues to refer to it.
deleted repo: ric-app/uemgr
new repo: ric-plt/demo1
- License: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Initial committers: (all Nokia) Timo Tietavainen ( timo.tietavainen@... ), Jussi Maki Aijala (jussi.maki-aijala@...), Juha Hyttinen (juha.hyttinen@...) , Anssi Mannila ( anssi.mannila@... )

(WE6) ) Project RICP
We delete the following repo: ric-plt/ue-nib . The scope of the RIC platform does not include this functionality. If, then
such functionality should be developed outside of the RIC platform, e.g., under the RICAPP project. Some of the earlier functionality (read and write
of the demo data that is actually needed in the "demo1" demo xapp (under documentation license) is moved into the demo1 repo as it is
closely related and does not make too much sense as standalone documentation repo. Note that this implies that the functionality is now under
document license in ric-plt/demo1

Best regards,
Thoralf

Upcoming Event: Near-RT RIC platform and RIC xApp applications (RICA) combined open-source RIC o-ran-sc.org project meeting (7th meeting) #ricp #rica - Tue, 10/22/2019 4:00pm-5:00pm #ricp #rica #cal-reminder

main@lists.o-ran-sc.org Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: Near-RT RIC platform and RIC xApp applications (RICA) combined open-source RIC o-ran-sc.org project meeting (7th meeting) #ricp #rica

When: Tuesday, 22 October 2019, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+03:00) Europe/Helsinki

Where:Zoom 1 bridge: https://zoom.us/j/9644759813

View Event

Organizer: Thoralf Czichy thoralf.czichy@...

This is the combined near-RT RIC platform (RICP) and RIC applications (RICA) project meeting. The RIC applications part will be handled by Matti (PTL) or someone substituting him. First 30 minutes with focus on RICP and the last 30 minutes focus on RICA. Note that if RICP takes less than 30 minutes, RICA issues might already be handled before 13:30 UTC. The meeting will be held every uneven week. The preliminary agenda:

 RICP: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICP/Project+meetings

 RICA: https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICA/RICAPP+Meetings

O-RAN SC INF weekly meeting

Xiaohua Zhang <xiaohua.zhang@...>

Hi INF team,
We are about have our weekly meeting this Wednesday.
The meeting agenda is in the link:

1081 - 1100 of 1421