Request the repo creation for PTI/RTP under the INF project

Xiaohua Zhang <xiaohua.zhang@...>

Hi Lusheng,

This is Xiaohua from Wind River, the EPIC is INF-A-F04. The repo name is PTI/RTP.

I also uploaded a slice with more details at the following

https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/download/attachments/3604609/WRS-2019.07.17-O-RAN-SC-INF-PTI%28real%20time%20platform%20EPIC%29.pptx?api=v2

FYI.

The following contents are related in the release A requirement document.

Title

[INF-A-F04] Real time platform to deploy the O-CU and O-DU

Description

In O-RAN architecture, the O-DU and O-CU could have different deployed scenarios. In general the performance sensitive parts of the 5G stack require real time platform, the platform should support the Preemptive Scheduling feature.

For example, from implementation perspective, the non-virtualized DU, VM based DU and container based DU are requiring a real time host system.

Following requirements are going to address the container based solution:

1.      Support Node Feature Discovery

2.      Support CPU Affinity and Isolation

3.      Support Dynamic HugePages Allocation

4.      Support Topology Manager

5.      Support Device Plugin

And for the network requirements, the following should be supported:

1.      Multiple Networking Interface

2.      High performance data plane including the DPDK based vswitch and PCI pass-through/SR-IOV.

(The details of requirement could be found in https://oranalliance.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/106233916/ATT-2019.%20O-RAN%20WG6%20CAD.docx?api=v2 )

Acceptance Criteria

Platform is available for O-CU and O-DU deployment

Source

OSC “A” (Wind River)

Infrastructure

INF

Lenovo, CMCC

aal/lib

aal/logic

aal/mgmt

aal/virt

(Inspur infra monitoring contribution)

PTI/RTP

 Akraino/blueprint

WR logo signiture

Xiaohua Zhang, Solution Engineering, Wind River

Direct: 86.10.8477.7118 • Mobile: 86.186.1020.9708

Lusheng Ji

Thanks Xiaohua.

Is this repo to host code under Apache 2 code?  I recall that you previously mentioned that some of the seed code contributions under Windriver consideration were GPL licensed.

Also since repo names are all lower case letters, would it be possible to use   “pti/rtp” instead?

Lusheng

From: "Zhang, Xiaohua" <Xiaohua.Zhang@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 9:10 AM
To: "JI, LUSHENG (LUSHENG)" <lji@...>, "toc@..." <toc@...>, "main@..." <main@...>
Subject: Request the repo creation for PTI/RTP under the INF project

[...]

First, the source code in the repo will be the Apache 2 license.

Second, of course, it could be low case as “pti/rtp”.

Best Regards,

Xiaohua Zhang

From: "Zhang, Xiaohua" <Xiaohua.Zhang@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 9:10 AM
To: "JI, LUSHENG (LUSHENG)" <lji@...>, "toc@..." <toc@...>, "main@..." <main@...>

[...]

As the repo creation has been approved during the last TOC meeting, I’d like to know what else I need do.

And my LFID is Xiaohua626 in case you need.

Best Regards,

Xiaohua Zhang