Topics

#ricp Regarding Bronze test scenario #ricp

Minhac Lee

Hello, I am Minha Lee.

I would like to ask you some questions about RIC test scenario for bronze.

1. I wonder what scenario I can check for bronze.
 - I read "Getting Started" in confluence, are the scenarios written there only working scenarios?
 - Aren't all E2AP spec(including E2 Setup, RIC Subscription, E2 Reset) scenarios currently working? Does it only work in part work?
 - RIC seems to need RSM(Resource Status Manager) to test 'E2-Reset', but Bronze doesn't support RSM now.
   Then, does Bronze not support 'E2-Reset'?

2. Updated in the future(Bronze Maintenance)
 - I am curious about update schedule of e2-simulator.
   And do you have any other component updates planned besides e2-simulator?

Thoralf Czichy

hi,

> 1. I wonder what scenario I can check for bronze.
>  - I read "Getting Started" in confluence, are the scenarios written there only working scenarios?
>  - Aren't all E2AP spec(including E2 Setup, RIC Subscription, E2 Reset) scenarios currently working? Does it only work in part work?

>  - RIC seems to need RSM(Resource Status Manager) to test 'E2-Reset', but Bronze doesn't support RSM now.
 > Then, does Bronze not support 'E2-Reset'?

E2 Reset is not working yet. It’s also not planned for release Cherry. See https://jira.o-ran-sc.org/browse/RIC-383 (mapped to ZZZ_future). It’s not that simple as we need to think if and how to expose E2 Reset to xApps. Simply a prioritization issue and we did not have anyone working on this.

Note that the RSM is a remnant if an earlier draft E2AP version. The messages needed for RSM are not part of the official E2AP anymore. That’s why there’s no RSM in Bronze anymore.

Looking at E2AP v01.00 E2 Reset and E2 RIC Service Query and E2 RIC Service Update are not implemented yet. Flows related to the other procedures are either fully or partially implemented.

So you could test xApps making E2 subscriptions, xApps receiving indication-report messages, xApps sending control messages

>2. Updated in the future(Bronze Maintenance)
> - I am curious about update schedule of e2-simulator.
>   And do you have any other component updates planned besides e2-simulator?

Current release Cherry work is best checked by looking at the filters from §7.4 of this page:

  https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/display/RICP/Jira+usage+conventions

E.g. use filter 10602 to see all Epics being worked on in Cherry:

  https://jira.o-ran-sc.org/issues/?filter=10602

The simulator work is formally planned by Sim project. The E2 simulator implementation is currently focused on supporting testing of the open-src traffic steering xApps. There’s more that can be done, e.g., adding support for the messages defined in the upcoming E2AP v01.01 (I prefer simulators to support a new protocol version before the actual implementation in the near-RT RIC), support for basic E2APv01.00 messages not yet implemented (because they are not needed for Traffic steering).

As far as I know there’s no work planned on the E2 simulator in the Cherry timeframe. Any contributions to it are certainly welcome.

Thoralf